Making a planning application

By Tony Bailey

You are likely to need planning permission for new buildings and for major changes to existing properties and the local environment. But for minor changes to buildings, repairs or internal modifications, you probably won’t need planning permission. These changes do not count as ‘development’.

However, minor work on listed buildings or properties in conservation areas is likely to need consent.

There are two sources of advice and information:

   National guidelines

   Local planning officers


Good luck!!



This page was added on 13/04/2010.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.